Enquire about this
Business & property
Regular, FREE workshops on
investment and business-related
topics are held at our offices.
Ensuring you get the best investment advice to meet your financial goals
If you want to ensure your investments are tailored specifically to meet your requirements, you need sound advice from a knowledgeable source. FSB4 advisers are up-to-date with the latest investment information across a broad range of options and can make recommendations based on what you need to achieve your financial goals.
Take the guesswork out of investing and talk to the experts - contact FSB4 for a friendly confidential chat.
Finding out which investment products & services will work best for youAt FSB4 we work with you to identify your financial goals - this is usually dependent on your current stage of life. We then find out how much volatility you are comfortable with, regarding returns on your investments. As a result of our discussions, you’ll receive recommendations on a mix of products and services which will help achieve your goals.
What you need to know before making investment decisionsThese eight rules of investment can assist you to make investment decisions:
For more information on the key aspects of the 8 rules, please make an appointment with an FSB4 adviser for a no obligation review of your current financial circumstances, and to discuss how we can assist you in managing your investments.
- Be clear about your investment objectives.
- Invest for the medium to long term - not the next few years.
- Make full use of subsidised superannuation plans - like company super or KiwiSaver
- Allow for market cycles and bumps.
- Have a reasonable degree of diversification.
- Take good advice .
- Avoid fads.
- Do not be influenced by daily market comments - newspapers / TV.
Investment options to considerAt FSB4, we broadly focus investment within four areas:
In each of those areas you may choose direct investment or indirect via Managed Funds. We use our best endeavours to attempt to select the fund managers who will consistently perform in the top 25% of funds relative to their competitors but there is obviously no guarantee that the funds selected today will remain in that category in the future.
- stocks and bonds
FSB4 strongly recommend a diversified investment strategy as fundamental to successful total financial planning. When you make an appointment with one of our advisers, we can discuss this in more detail and make recommendations which focus on your requirements.
Which type of investor are you?You have to be comfortable with the type of investments you put your money in. While recommendations are for a mix of investments, these can be structured to accommodate the level of risk you’re willing to take, and your overall requirements for returns in the short and long term.
Which type of investor are you?
- Conservative - Investors requiring capital values to be protected and a regular source of income, and who are willing to accept below average returns in order to minimise volatility.
- Moderate - Investors requiring minimal volatility in capital values and a regular source of income, and who are willing to accept average returns for average volatility.
- Balanced - Investors requiring a relatively low level of income and above average long-term growth from a portfolio that maintains a balance between “income” and “growth” assets, and who are willing to accept moderate volatility.
- Growth - Investors requiring minimal income, and who are willing to accept higher levels of volatility in return for potentially higher returns over the long term.
- Aggressive - Investors requiring no income, and who are willing to accept very high levels of volatility in return for the potential to achieve very high returns over the long term.
FSB4 utilises the online expertise of independent investment research companies including Morningstar
To ensure FSB4 bring you the most up to date and accurate investment information, our advisers study independent investment research online from New Zealand and around the world. Morningstar is one of those advisery services which offers opinions and analysis on managed funds including KiwiSaver. By keeping up with the high quality information available from companies like Morningstar, FSB4 can better assist you to manage your investments and meet your financial goals.